Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training/Question about Horse Behaviour & Your opinion?

The other day I was in the arena to work on some training with a horse that wasn't handled for a while and I brought 3 horses into the arena so they could have a little run. I sat down at one point to have a rest and the three horses where loose in the arena like always. One of them was staring into his paddock and I looked and there was a deer in there and my horse started snorting and pawing and whinnying and running up and down the fence line, I found it funny and he wasn't being naughty. I was just wondering why he did this, was it because he saw the animal as a threat or was very curious?

Also what is your view on Rodeos, personally I do not like them however I'd like to know what you think.

Hard to say what horse saw, could be he saw a fellow herd animal and wanted to go play. or saw what he could not make out and wanted to snot to warn or alert the rest of herd.

I did several videos on most all sports, not good for horse when winning, time, or speed is involved.

Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training

Rick Gore Horsemanship

Visit Rick Gore's Horse Site:
--Rick is a student of the horse. I have over 450 free videos on Youtube about horses. I believe in and practice "Natural Horsemanship". I ride mainly western and don't use or promote spurs, bits, or whips. Reins are only one cue for the horse. Using the entire body helps the horse understand. I define riding as a human and horse working together for the enjoyment of both. Pain and fear should not be part of the equation. If you expect feel good advice, you will be disappointed. 95% of all my answers will include the problem is you and not your horse. About 90% of most answers that I give out are on my web site, so if you read it you will probably answer your own question and may learn a few other things. If you ask me a question that I answer on my site or video I will send your question to the question pool.

Rick is an experienced horseman with over 35 years of riding and handling horses. Rick grew up in Texas around horses and horse people. He has started colts, ridden many horses with behavior issues and worked with problem horses. (He believes that most horse problems are really people problems) He believes in and practices natural horsemanship and continues to read and study books by great horsemen. He routinely attends clinics, talks with and discuss horse issues with other clinicians and trainers. He has never met a horse that could not be fixed. Rick believes it is never the horse's fault and with proper handling, all problems can be worked out.

I have life long experience in being around and working with horses. Over the years I have watched good horsemen do the right thing and seen the wrong things done with bad results. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Education.

Click Here to learn about Horse History

Clink Here to learn about Horsemanship