Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training/twisted wire snaffle bit uses

hello. may i know when to use twisted wire snaffle bit on horses?

Hi Rohit,
         In my opinion, this is a bit that should very rarely or never be used. A twisted wire bit is thin and sharp. It can cut the tongue of a horse. It is one of the harshest bit that there are. There are some people who say it can be used to teach a horse not to lean into the bit or to work with a horse with a hard mouth. Both of those things can be worked on using a regular snaffle and time, I have seen horses have their mouths bloodied due too this bit.

Horses - Behavior Issues, Breaking and Training

Lisa Kalp

I am able to answer questions regarding the training and behavior of horses, and answer questions in regards to adopting mustangs and burros from the BLM and the different types of gentling methods that might be helpful to assist you in getting to know your horse.

I have experience in gentling Mustangs, training and breeding of stallions and mare behaviors.

Experience in breeding horses. Gentling and training horses.