Horses - Diet and Nutrition/Black eyes

marhet wrote at 2011-07-06 20:05:36
My white and brown mare has got dark circles around her eyes now, about 2 inches wide circles, that were not there a week ago.  I wonder if it's a vitamin deficiency?  

sruthi hassan wrote at 2014-11-21 10:12:18
You can get the detail answer here  it helped me -

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Jessica Hughes

I can answer diet and nutrition questions regarding performance, breeding/raising young horses, showing, and pleasure riding needs. I can answer questions regarding riding and training problems or advice. I can answer questions regarding equine behavior problems. I can answer questions regarding show horses, how to groom the english or western horse for the horse show arena. I can answer any general question regarding horses.

My expertise includes owning and running a successful show and boarding facility. I have done much research on the nutritional needs of all different types of horses and how their digestive system works and how to keep that healthy. I have shown and trained horses for cutting, western pleasure, halter, breed show all around, and currently hunter/jumpers on the hunter curcuit. I have also raised babies and bred my own mares for the last 5 years specializing in thoroughbreds, warmbloods, and welsh ponies. I also give lessons to all types of riders. I evented for 3 years.

I currently belong to Blue Ridge Hunter Jumper Association and American Quarter Horse Association.

I apprenticed under Mark Poovey an accomplished cutting horse trainer for 4 years where I was assistant trainer and barn manager. I have ridden under and participated in many clinics under such people as George Morris and Daniel Geitner. I have also worked as a vet tech at a local veterinarian. I attended Isothermal Community College where I attained my business degree.

I was #8 in the nation in 1994 with the American Paint Horse Association at the end of that year in the event of Working Hunter 18 & Under. I was also 4th at the AQHA World Show in 1994 in the event of Hunter Under Saddle Youth Team Tournament. I won many year end awards with the APHA during that year. I also won the Raleigh Cutting Horse Futuritiy in the youth division in 1994. I was leader of a local 4-H group for many years.

Hope Bleeker, Freda Jessen, Judy Scott, Sharon Scruggs, Elizabeth White, Jackie Gardinier, Laura Bailey, Kevin Hamby, Jane Juanaco, Anne Schager, Diane Randolph