Horses - Diet and Nutrition/feeding early or late

hello ma'am, lets suppose if my horse's feed time in the morning is 9am, does anything happens if i feed my horse around either around 8:30am or 9:30am?

Hello Rohit,

Horses aren't terribly fussy what time of day they're fed.  What is important is how long the intervals are between feedings.  Horses should not be more than 4 hours without feed, and in my opinion should never be without forage.  You should schedule your feedings to ensure that they go longer than 4 hours without access to food irregardless of time of day.

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson

I can help with any of your horse nutrition questions and concerns. I have been involved with horses for closing on 40 years, with a B.Sc in Animal Science and currently working on an M.Sc in Equine Science with the University of Edinburgh. I have owned my own feed store, consulted professionally as an equine nutritionist, and lectured in the fields of equine and dairy nutrition at the University level for 5 years. I have developed and currently market 'Ration-X', a ration formulation program for horses...designed for the everyday horse owner. I am happy to help in any way I can.

Experienced in developing and implementing feed programs for horses of all disciplines, creating custom horse supplements and managing inter-disciplinary equine facilities. Specialize in equine nutrition consulting.

The American Society of Equine Appraisers

'Stable Management' Handbook, Equine Canada.

M.Sc (Equine Science-current), B.Sc(Agr) Animal Science, Equine Sports Massage Therapy Certification, Farrier Certification, Equine Consultant Certification, Certified Equine Appraiser, Certified in Emergency Equine Rescue.