Horses - Diet and Nutrition/feed for please riding ex-racehorse

hello ma'am, what all can i feed my please riding ex-racehorse? list them out please.

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your question.  It really is too difficult to list all of the options of what you can feed your horses.  The ideal diet really depends on what your horses need for feed and what you have available.  The best starting point is always a diet rich in quality forages.  Good quality pasture or hay fed free choice should make up the majority of the diet.  Feeding anything more of that will really depend on your horses needs and can range from fiber sources to cereal grains or fat sources.

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson

I can help with any of your horse nutrition questions and concerns. I have been involved with horses for closing on 40 years, with a B.Sc in Animal Science and currently working on an M.Sc in Equine Science with the University of Edinburgh. I have owned my own feed store, consulted professionally as an equine nutritionist, and lectured in the fields of equine and dairy nutrition at the University level for 5 years. I have developed and currently market 'Ration-X', a ration formulation program for horses...designed for the everyday horse owner. I am happy to help in any way I can.

Experienced in developing and implementing feed programs for horses of all disciplines, creating custom horse supplements and managing inter-disciplinary equine facilities. Specialize in equine nutrition consulting.

The American Society of Equine Appraisers

'Stable Management' Handbook, Equine Canada.

M.Sc (Equine Science-current), B.Sc(Agr) Animal Science, Equine Sports Massage Therapy Certification, Farrier Certification, Equine Consultant Certification, Certified Equine Appraiser, Certified in Emergency Equine Rescue.