Horses - Diet and Nutrition/aggression dies off

hello ma'am, do horse's aggression and other vices like kicking, bolting, balking die off when they are poorly conditioned(after becoming weak)? here most of our indian racehorses become weak when they are retired from racing.

Hello Rohit,

Thank you for your question.  I'm not necessarily an expert in horse behavior but in my experience none of the vices or behavior that you describe are related solely to body condition and/or conditioning.  Rather, these are instinctual or learned reactions to specific situations resolved through handling and training.

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson

I can help with any of your horse nutrition questions and concerns. I have been involved with horses for closing on 40 years, with a B.Sc in Animal Science and currently working on an M.Sc in Equine Science with the University of Edinburgh. I have owned my own feed store, consulted professionally as an equine nutritionist, and lectured in the fields of equine and dairy nutrition at the University level for 5 years. I have developed and currently market 'Ration-X', a ration formulation program for horses...designed for the everyday horse owner. I am happy to help in any way I can.

Experienced in developing and implementing feed programs for horses of all disciplines, creating custom horse supplements and managing inter-disciplinary equine facilities. Specialize in equine nutrition consulting.

The American Society of Equine Appraisers

'Stable Management' Handbook, Equine Canada.

M.Sc (Equine Science-current), B.Sc(Agr) Animal Science, Equine Sports Massage Therapy Certification, Farrier Certification, Equine Consultant Certification, Certified Equine Appraiser, Certified in Emergency Equine Rescue.