Horses - Diet and Nutrition/breed of grass

hello ma'am, what grass can this be? should the grass in the pasture be short or long? just mention the length of grass blade please!!!

Hello Rohit,

Thank you for your question.  It is almost impossible for me to distinguish the types of forage the horse is grazing on in the video.  One would have to have a close-up in order to do so.  I'm not sure what kind of comments you're looking for with regard to pasture length.  the field does not appear too overgrown nor does it look overgrazed.  But I can't correlate the grass length to a suggestion on forage quality.

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson

I can help with any of your horse nutrition questions and concerns. I have been involved with horses for closing on 40 years, with a B.Sc in Animal Science and currently working on an M.Sc in Equine Science with the University of Edinburgh. I have owned my own feed store, consulted professionally as an equine nutritionist, and lectured in the fields of equine and dairy nutrition at the University level for 5 years. I have developed and currently market 'Ration-X', a ration formulation program for horses...designed for the everyday horse owner. I am happy to help in any way I can.

Experienced in developing and implementing feed programs for horses of all disciplines, creating custom horse supplements and managing inter-disciplinary equine facilities. Specialize in equine nutrition consulting.

The American Society of Equine Appraisers

'Stable Management' Handbook, Equine Canada.

M.Sc (Equine Science-current), B.Sc(Agr) Animal Science, Equine Sports Massage Therapy Certification, Farrier Certification, Equine Consultant Certification, Certified Equine Appraiser, Certified in Emergency Equine Rescue.