Horses - Diet and Nutrition/feeding - no heart attack

Question
hello ma'am, what all to feed a horse that shouldn't get struck by heart attack?

Answer
Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your question.  Heart attacks in horses are not linked to diet as they are in people but rather are the function of exercise, disease or genetic disorder.  There is no prescribed preventative ration that will keep your horse safe from having a heart attack just as there is unlikely to be 'normal' ration that would cause a horse to have a heart attack.  Stick to the basics of feeding your horse; forage based, grain only where necessary.

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson