Horses - Diet and Nutrition/feeding - no heart attack

hello ma'am, what all to feed a horse that shouldn't get struck by heart attack?

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your question.  Heart attacks in horses are not linked to diet as they are in people but rather are the function of exercise, disease or genetic disorder.  There is no prescribed preventative ration that will keep your horse safe from having a heart attack just as there is unlikely to be 'normal' ration that would cause a horse to have a heart attack.  Stick to the basics of feeding your horse; forage based, grain only where necessary.

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson

I can help with any of your horse nutrition questions and concerns. I have been involved with horses for closing on 40 years, with a B.Sc in Animal Science and currently working on an M.Sc in Equine Science with the University of Edinburgh. I have owned my own feed store, consulted professionally as an equine nutritionist, and lectured in the fields of equine and dairy nutrition at the University level for 5 years. I have developed and currently market 'Ration-X', a ration formulation program for horses...designed for the everyday horse owner. I am happy to help in any way I can.

Experienced in developing and implementing feed programs for horses of all disciplines, creating custom horse supplements and managing inter-disciplinary equine facilities. Specialize in equine nutrition consulting.

The American Society of Equine Appraisers

'Stable Management' Handbook, Equine Canada.

M.Sc (Equine Science-current), B.Sc(Agr) Animal Science, Equine Sports Massage Therapy Certification, Farrier Certification, Equine Consultant Certification, Certified Equine Appraiser, Certified in Emergency Equine Rescue.