Horses - Diet and Nutrition/fully conditioned

fully conditioned
fully conditioned  
hello ma'am. is this horse fully conditioned by looking at its hind quarters?

Hello Rohit,

Thank you for your question.  If by 'condition' you are looking for an evaluation of body condition score I would say that the horse is in good body condition.  But if you are referring to conditioning, I could not evaluate that from a still photo.  Remember body condition scores are an evaluation of body fat reserves.  Conditioning refers to a horse's level of fitness and that is difficult to determine from a still photo.  The two concepts are very different.

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson

I can help with any of your horse nutrition questions and concerns. I have been involved with horses for closing on 40 years, with a B.Sc in Animal Science and currently working on an M.Sc in Equine Science with the University of Edinburgh. I have owned my own feed store, consulted professionally as an equine nutritionist, and lectured in the fields of equine and dairy nutrition at the University level for 5 years. I have developed and currently market 'Ration-X', a ration formulation program for horses...designed for the everyday horse owner. I am happy to help in any way I can.

Experienced in developing and implementing feed programs for horses of all disciplines, creating custom horse supplements and managing inter-disciplinary equine facilities. Specialize in equine nutrition consulting.

The American Society of Equine Appraisers

'Stable Management' Handbook, Equine Canada.

M.Sc (Equine Science-current), B.Sc(Agr) Animal Science, Equine Sports Massage Therapy Certification, Farrier Certification, Equine Consultant Certification, Certified Equine Appraiser, Certified in Emergency Equine Rescue.