Horses - Diet and Nutrition/weak horse

weak horse
weak horse  
hello ma'am? does this horse appear to you weak?

Hello Rohit,

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, I can't make an evaluation on a horse's fitness level from a photo.  Determining whether or not a horse is 'weak' or 'strong' is determined more by a horse's ability to perform a task, and is certainly a more subjective evaluation than something like body condition score.  Again, fitness levels (weak, strong, fit) and body condition scores are completely different evaluations.

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson

I can help with any of your horse nutrition questions and concerns. I have been involved with horses for closing on 40 years, with a B.Sc in Animal Science and currently working on an M.Sc in Equine Science with the University of Edinburgh. I have owned my own feed store, consulted professionally as an equine nutritionist, and lectured in the fields of equine and dairy nutrition at the University level for 5 years. I have developed and currently market 'Ration-X', a ration formulation program for horses...designed for the everyday horse owner. I am happy to help in any way I can.

Experienced in developing and implementing feed programs for horses of all disciplines, creating custom horse supplements and managing inter-disciplinary equine facilities. Specialize in equine nutrition consulting.

The American Society of Equine Appraisers

'Stable Management' Handbook, Equine Canada.

M.Sc (Equine Science-current), B.Sc(Agr) Animal Science, Equine Sports Massage Therapy Certification, Farrier Certification, Equine Consultant Certification, Certified Equine Appraiser, Certified in Emergency Equine Rescue.