Horses - Diet and Nutrition/sensitive stomach

hello ma'am. do only thoroughbreds have sensitive stomach or all the horse breeds have sensitive stomach

Hello Rohit,

I don't know that any one breed of horse has more sensitive stomachs than others, but in general horse's digestive systems don't do well in many of today's intensive management systems.  Its probably the types of diets that thoroughbreds are fed (especially racehorses)that cause more  stomach issues than we see in other breed.

Thanks, Corlena  

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson

I can help with any of your horse nutrition questions and concerns. I have been involved with horses for closing on 40 years, with a B.Sc in Animal Science and currently working on an M.Sc in Equine Science with the University of Edinburgh. I have owned my own feed store, consulted professionally as an equine nutritionist, and lectured in the fields of equine and dairy nutrition at the University level for 5 years. I have developed and currently market 'Ration-X', a ration formulation program for horses...designed for the everyday horse owner. I am happy to help in any way I can.

Experienced in developing and implementing feed programs for horses of all disciplines, creating custom horse supplements and managing inter-disciplinary equine facilities. Specialize in equine nutrition consulting.

The American Society of Equine Appraisers

'Stable Management' Handbook, Equine Canada.

M.Sc (Equine Science-current), B.Sc(Agr) Animal Science, Equine Sports Massage Therapy Certification, Farrier Certification, Equine Consultant Certification, Certified Equine Appraiser, Certified in Emergency Equine Rescue.