Horses - Diet and Nutrition/too much calcium

Question
hello ma'am. may i know what happens if i feed too much of calcium to racehorses?

Answer
Hello Rohit,

Horses can tolerate dietary Calcium concentrations up to five times the requirements without detrimental effects, and up to 2% of the diet, although I would advise against maintaining a ration at these elevated rates.  Risks of dietary Calcium excess include increased risk of gastric ulcers and possible osteochondrosis.  Keep in mind that the goal for any nutrient should be to feed what is required and not the maximum amount possible.  Keep your rations balanced.

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson