Horses - Diet and Nutrition/feeding horses with honey

hello ma'am. may i know what are the benefits of feeding a horse with honey?

Hello Haine,

Thank you for your question.  Although I don't understand feeding honey to horses to be commonplace, I would have to say that it's likely fed to bring energy to the diet.  Honey is a natural source of sugar, and hence energy.

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson

I can help with any of your horse nutrition questions and concerns. I have been involved with horses for closing on 40 years, with a B.Sc in Animal Science and currently working on an M.Sc in Equine Science with the University of Edinburgh. I have owned my own feed store, consulted professionally as an equine nutritionist, and lectured in the fields of equine and dairy nutrition at the University level for 5 years. I have developed and currently market 'Ration-X', a ration formulation program for horses...designed for the everyday horse owner. I am happy to help in any way I can.

Experienced in developing and implementing feed programs for horses of all disciplines, creating custom horse supplements and managing inter-disciplinary equine facilities. Specialize in equine nutrition consulting.

The American Society of Equine Appraisers

'Stable Management' Handbook, Equine Canada.

M.Sc (Equine Science-current), B.Sc(Agr) Animal Science, Equine Sports Massage Therapy Certification, Farrier Certification, Equine Consultant Certification, Certified Equine Appraiser, Certified in Emergency Equine Rescue.