Horses - Diet and Nutrition/calcium supplement for racehorses

Question
hello ma'am. can you suggest me a good calcium supplement for thoroughbred racehorses?

Answer
Hello Caine,

There are so many calcium supplements on the market that its difficult to pick one that is superior for its calcium content alone.  Simple calcium carbonate, sulfate and carbonate are as readily absorbed as chelated calcium, suggesting that complex forms of calcium are of little additional benefit under normal circumstances.  Calcium carbonate and limestone are some basic, high-calcium sources.  Other premixes, with varying calcium concentrations, are available.  I would recommend you select the product that best fits your ration, based on regional availability.

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson