Horses - Diet and Nutrition/horse front view

front view
front view  
hello ma'am. this is the image of a horse front view. is it fat, well conditioned or thin. can you please explain me how you are judging it?

Hello Caine,

Thank you for your question.  When evaluating body condition, we need more to look at than what can be seen in a front view photo.  Body condition score takes into account fat cover along the neck and withers, over the ribs, behind the shoulder, around the tailhead and to the sides of the spine.  Unfortunately we can't see any of those areas in this photo.

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson

I can help with any of your horse nutrition questions and concerns. I have been involved with horses for closing on 40 years, with a B.Sc in Animal Science and currently working on an M.Sc in Equine Science with the University of Edinburgh. I have owned my own feed store, consulted professionally as an equine nutritionist, and lectured in the fields of equine and dairy nutrition at the University level for 5 years. I have developed and currently market 'Ration-X', a ration formulation program for horses...designed for the everyday horse owner. I am happy to help in any way I can.

Experienced in developing and implementing feed programs for horses of all disciplines, creating custom horse supplements and managing inter-disciplinary equine facilities. Specialize in equine nutrition consulting.

The American Society of Equine Appraisers

'Stable Management' Handbook, Equine Canada.

M.Sc (Equine Science-current), B.Sc(Agr) Animal Science, Equine Sports Massage Therapy Certification, Farrier Certification, Equine Consultant Certification, Certified Equine Appraiser, Certified in Emergency Equine Rescue.