Horses - Diet and Nutrition/importance of supplementing racehorses

Question
hello ma'am. may i know why do trainers supplement their racehorses?

Answer
Hello Caine,

A horse's diet, which includes supplements, should be designed to ensure that it meets all of the horse's nutrient requirements.  Depending on the quality of forages you have and/or the amount of work that your horse is doing, supplements may be necessary to ensure a balanced diet.  Meeting nutrient requirements is the reason why you should feed supplements...although all too often people feed unnecessary supplements hoping they will provide some kind of competitive advantage.  

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson