Horses - Diet and Nutrition/sehima nervosum hay for our horses - free choice

sehima  1
sehima 1  
hi ma'am. presently, our local racetrack orders KANCHA hay for horses. its scientific name is SEHIMA NERVOSUM. can i provide unlimited amount of hay to our horses so that it reduces the risk of colic and ulcers in horses?

Hello Caine,

Thank you for your question.  Kancha hay is well suited to feeding free choice to horses and provided it's use is optimized in your feeding management system, it should help mitigate digestive issues in your race horses.

Thanks, Corlena

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson

I can help with any of your horse nutrition questions and concerns. I have been involved with horses for closing on 40 years, with a B.Sc in Animal Science and currently working on an M.Sc in Equine Science with the University of Edinburgh. I have owned my own feed store, consulted professionally as an equine nutritionist, and lectured in the fields of equine and dairy nutrition at the University level for 5 years. I have developed and currently market 'Ration-X', a ration formulation program for horses...designed for the everyday horse owner. I am happy to help in any way I can.

Experienced in developing and implementing feed programs for horses of all disciplines, creating custom horse supplements and managing inter-disciplinary equine facilities. Specialize in equine nutrition consulting.

The American Society of Equine Appraisers

'Stable Management' Handbook, Equine Canada.

M.Sc (Equine Science-current), B.Sc(Agr) Animal Science, Equine Sports Massage Therapy Certification, Farrier Certification, Equine Consultant Certification, Certified Equine Appraiser, Certified in Emergency Equine Rescue.