Horses - Diet and Nutrition/supplements for racehorses

Question
hello ma'am. in general what all supplements do racing thoroughbreds need in their diet to be fit enough to perform well in the race?

Answer
Hello Caine,

Thank you for your question, although a thorough answer is not possible in this forum.  A horse's fitness level is not the result of diet alone, but rather a combination of feeding, conditioning and training. From a dietary perspective, horse's need to have their nutrient requirements met in order to thrive.  Each horse's nutrient requirements are determined by a function of size and activity level, with some consideration for health status.  Because each horse and situation is different, it is impossible to give you one 'secret recipe' for success.  What you can do is start with the basics and formulate diets based on a horse's needs.

Thanks, Corlena  

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson