Horses - Diet and Nutrition/ulcers to horses that swim for 100meters

Question
hi ma'am. can horses to prone to ulcers through 100 meters swimming exercise once a day? my boss sends his horses to swimming daily in the evenings provided the horses are on light to moderate exercise in the morning. if they undergo a heavy exercise, evening would be a 40 minutes hand walk.

Answer
Hello Robert,

Thank you for your question.  Exercise alone is not a precursor to ulcers.  There are a large number of factors that can cause horses to develop gastric ulcers, and it is possible for exercise not to be implicated at all.

Thanks, Corlena  

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson