Horses - Diet and Nutrition/unlimited access to kancha hay

Question
kancha hay
kancha hay  
hi ma'am. can i provide unlimited access kancha hay to a horse in its daily diet irrespective of breed, age, gender, weight, height and work load? i am more concerned about thoroughbred racehorses and thoroughbred riding school horses.

Answer
Hello Robert,

Thank you for your question.  Horses' digestive systems were meant to handle forage-based diets.  Provided that forage is of good physical and nutrient quality, it can and should be fed free-choice.  Keep in mind that dry, preserved forages (hay) should be accompanied by unlimited access to water.

Thanks, Corlena  

Horses - Diet and Nutrition

Corlena Patterson