Horticulture/Mandevilla plant

Question
Rec'd. this plant as a gift with lots of buds and some flowers. This past couple of months, the buds form and look like they are about to open and then they fall off. Very few actually open up. Otherwise the plan is vining quite well in a planter.

Answer
Hi Dave,

Try giving it more light, along with a liquid fertilizer in which the middle number is the highest.  The label should say something about blooming and/or rooting, and have a formula like 9-59-8 or 12-55-6.  Let the soil dry out between waterings - actually stick your finger in the dirt to an inch below the surface and make sure it's not already moist before you water.
Thanks,
Susan

Horticulture

Susan Tabor