Horticulture/Could you help me on my science fair project?

Question
Does adding aspirin to plant water effect the growth of the plant?

Answer
Hi Peyton,

I'll help, but I won't do the work for you, or you won't learn, and you might miss out on things worth knowing.

Aspirin is an acid that actually comes from several plants, including Willow and Aspen trees.  The difference between Acids and Bases(Alkali) is called a PH scale. PH stands for Potential Hydrogen. This scale goes from 0-14.  0-6 is acidic, 7 is neutral, and 8-14 is alkaline.  Some plants, like Cranberry, grow in acid soil 3.5 - 4.0.  Others, like Cherry or Boxwood grow in soils with a higher ph level of 7.0-8.0.
Good Luck, Peyton!
Thanks,
Susan

Horticulture

Susan Tabor