Horticulture/Mandevilla does not bloom

Question
Mandevilla
Mandevilla  
Hello,
Our potted Mandevilla wintered over in our basement and is now growing like topsy on our deck, but is not flowering at all.  It did well in the same location last year.  Any suggestions? Thanks.
Ron

Answer
Hi Ron,

Try stressing it out a little - keeping it dry to the point of wilt, then water with a liquid fertilizer where the middle number (Phosphorous) is the highest.  It should have a formula for blooming like 9-59-8 or 12- 55-6.  As it begins to bud, increase the water.  That might give it a jump start.  Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Susan

Horticulture

Susan Tabor