Horticulture/Pollinating by hand

Question
Dorotheanthus bellidiformis
Dorotheanthus bellidif  
I want to hand-pollinate Dorotheanthus bellidiformis so it will set seed.

What are the pair of plant structures indicated by the arrows in the attached picture? Is pollen applied to the tips? They only appear where a bud develops, so I thought they might be some kind of reproductive organ. However, they remain even after the flower dies. They are also rather far from the flower.

Where is the pollen applied?

Answer
Hi Janet,

No, that green "mustache" is just modified leaves.  When the flower is fully open, the female parts stand above the male stamens, which form 2 rings around it - only the inner ring is fertile.  You will easily be able to see the yellow pollen, which you will transfer to the sticky female stigma with a cotton swab.  

Ice plant, or Livingstone Daisy, is also easily pollinated by numerous insects.  If it is outside, I would be greatly surprised if it escaped pollination.
Thanks,
Susan

Horticulture

Susan Tabor