Horticulture/Missouri Botanical Gardens

Question
I found this on Penn State's website (http://www.personal.psu.edu/rdb4/hort131/weekly-lessons/week-2/week-2-plants/sed):
 "Sedum spurium  was renamed Phedimus spurius a few years ago and is listed that way by the USDA which also lists a separate entry for Sedum spurium. The genus Phedimus is no longer accepted by KEW or the Missouri Botanical gardens where the species is once again in the genus Sedum."

Lately, a lot of my plant searches on Google bring up the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Are they considered leaders in the field of horticulture?

Answer
Hi Janet,

Yes, the Missouri Botanical Gardens is the oldest and probably the leading plant science research center in the world.  They are dedicated to keeping the public informed - that is one of their greatest attributes.  They gather the best and the brightest minds from all over the globe.  Whatever they say, I would pretty much take as gospel.
Sincerely,
Susan

Horticulture

Susan Tabor