Horticulture/pollen

Question
i wish to collect & store pollen for up to a year
can you point me in the right direction as to how?
reason is to use small amounts of it through the year to de-sensitise myself to it, re hay fever

Answer
Hi Tony,

Sorry to be so long - this never showed up in my email.  I've never attempted to store pollen, but this intrigued me.  I googled "storing pollen", and apparently it's a big thing with marijuana growers, lol!  I will list the URL below, but apparently all you have to do is mix it with flour and store in the freezer, where it will remain viable for many months.  I would think it would serve your purpose, as well.
Thanks,
Susan

http://www.rollitup.org/t/storing-pollen.423724/

Horticulture

Susan Tabor