Hospice Care/stage 4 lung cancer

LOVEANDHOPEFORALL wrote at 2012-11-23 22:24:03
Being so far away, is an issue. Finacially if you are not able to be there, stay in contact everyday. I lost my Dad in June. He was only on hospic for 1 week. My Mom is now on Hospic, and we know alittle bit more. My brother is in S. Carolina and it kills him not to be here. Reassurance to him, letting him know, everyday and not making him feel guilty, HELPS. When things change for the worst, then go!! You know when things are going wrong. And the hospic people will let you know. They are great people. God Bless You.

Hospice Care

Jan Reeves

Hospice care is care for the end of life and dying patient and family. Hospice provides support with focus on quality of life issues. End of life does not mean the patient will have pain. Pain is one of several symptoms hospice will focus on for quality of life for the time reamining. Hospice takes the journey along with the patient and the family.

I have been a hospice nurse for 17 years. I teach basic pain for hospice staff and advanced pain class for hospice nurses. I am a bedside nurse and visit patients in their home of choice or nursing home.

Hospice Palliative Nursing Association Internation Association of Hospice and Palliative Care

in process

I have a BSN and am certified in hospice and palliative care for 7 years.

Bloomington Hospital Research Fellow

This would violate the HIPPA--patient right to privacy