Hospital Administration/my deceased husbands medical records

Question
My husband passed away in 1994 and I have tried to get his medical records and the hospital records department has told me several different story's.first it was that they have lost the files for that year then they have said the way only information they have on him was that he had a appointment set for him at a cyber clinic.then they have said they have know records of him passing away at their hospital. What do I do?

Answer
I would start by talking to a manager to escalate your request. Ask if the hospital has an archive for older records. Keep in mind that 1994 is 20 years ago and so it is possible that those records are in storage. You could also check with his family doctor to see if they have a copy of the medical records on file. I don't want to be pessimistic but it is possible that you may not be able to get a copy of your husband's records.  Good luck!  

Hospital Administration

Joy Hicks, MBA, CPM