Hospital Administration/New HITM student

Question
m a new student in the HITM program at my local community college. I'm not a new college student, I have a degree I graphic design. But I chose to get another degree in healthcare IT. my question is what can I do to make myself more marketable, more valuable? What are some skill sets I should do outside of college? I'm pursuing an AAS in healthcare technology.

Answer
Any experience you can obtain in Healthcare or IT can be helpful. Getting some experience in a health care organization helps you to gain knowledge about the healthcare industry, and the IT systems used so once you have your degree you will have some familiarity. This job could be as a desk clerk or other entry level position. It also helps to have a foot in the door. Most places look to hire within so when a position opens up you will have an advantage over the outsiders. Good luck!

Hospital Administration

Joy Hicks, MBA, CPM