Hospital Administration/New HITM student

m a new student in the HITM program at my local community college. I'm not a new college student, I have a degree I graphic design. But I chose to get another degree in healthcare IT. my question is what can I do to make myself more marketable, more valuable? What are some skill sets I should do outside of college? I'm pursuing an AAS in healthcare technology.

Any experience you can obtain in Healthcare or IT can be helpful. Getting some experience in a health care organization helps you to gain knowledge about the healthcare industry, and the IT systems used so once you have your degree you will have some familiarity. This job could be as a desk clerk or other entry level position. It also helps to have a foot in the door. Most places look to hire within so when a position opens up you will have an advantage over the outsiders. Good luck!

Hospital Administration

Joy Hicks, MBA, CPM

I can answer all questions in hospital administration as long as they are business/finance related. I cannot answer any clinical related questions.

I have 13 years of hospital experience and also have a blog that provides advice, information, and tips about the medical office.

Certified Practice Manager
AA in Business Administration
BA in Health Care Administration
MBA w/ healthcare specialization