Hot Tubs/repairing leak in polypropylene shell

mark hitsman wrote at 2009-10-30 18:40:54
use a product called plast-aid i use it on my pipes and it sticks real well but ya need to do both sides but i think it will work it 19 dollars from spa depot later mark

dreammaker leak wrote at 2012-06-21 01:12:14
I have the same problem and have tried many things with no success.  Write me if you would like to compare notes.

dmiller at usa dot  com

burt wrote at 2012-12-17 15:56:22
I fixed a small hole in mine by drilling to 1/4 diameter and putting a carriage head bolt in with a flat washer compressing a flat faucette washer on the back side like the jets are instlled  used stainless bolt washer and aircraft nut from lowes

wish2fish wrote at 2015-04-15 14:39:45
I realize this is older question but I also have a DreamMaker Spa.  I have confirmed from the company that the shell is made of Polyethylene not Polypropylene.  Just wanted to clarify that.  You need the right materials to repair.

Hot Tubs

Chris Thornton

I can answer most any portable hot tub question. I specialize in electrical questions and I am most familiar with spas that were manufactured by NEMCO, Regency, Hydro Spa, Gulfcoast Spas, Leisure Bay, and Premium Leisure. I have been servicing spas for over 20 years and can answer technical questions for most major spa control systems such as Balboa, Hydro Quip and Gecko. If I am unavailable to answer your question here, you can check out my websites at if you need troubleshooting help or if you need spa parts go to either or

I have worked for a leading spa manufacturer and have been servicing spas for over 20 years.

I am a High School Graduate with 2 years of college majoring in computer programming.