House Plants/I don't know what kind of plant I have

Chabs wrote at 2012-05-21 20:01:08
Hi Julia,

Perhaps the plant is symbolic to your name.  Its also called Mystery-of-Julia plant. you can surf it on the web and you'll see i'm not kidding. Beautiful plant and i can assure you it will serve its purpose once it has grown thick.  Needs limited attention.

Karen wrote at 2013-08-27 19:03:28
I couldn't believe it when I saw the picture of Julia's mystery plant.  I used to have one like it. I got a start from my mom, who got it from my aunt years ago, in Indianapolis.    Like in the 50's.  I had it for many years until it accidentally got thrown away.  it is not a variegated hoya.  I have searched on the Internet unsuccessfully for what it is.  In the 20 years I had it, it had one, tiny, red bloom.  It was in a cool, sunny room in the winter when it bloomed. It would take aggressive pruning, and I had lots of new plants from rooting the cuttings in water. I had to leave them all when we moved. Beautiful plant, I wish I could find another.  

House Plants

I am knowledgeable and experienced (professionally) in the care of many different kinds of houseplants as well as the pests and diseases common to houseplants. I have had a lot of experience and success with most propagation techniques. I am also knowledgeable and experienced with artificial lighting for plants. I can answer questions about all aspects of 'indoor gardening'. Not only questions about growing foliage plants and starting seeds under artificial plant lighting but also questions about artificial plant light system set up, supplemental artificial lighting and cost. ~ I can help identify plants accurately ONLY if you submit a picture of the plant with your question.~

I usually always have at least 70 houseplants at all times. I have done extensive research, education and have over 20 years of experience with houseplants, indoor gardening, interior landscaping and artificial plant lighting. About 30% of my houseplants are grown exclusively under artificial plant lighting. Many of the other houseplants that are growing in natural light are also given supplemental lighting using artificial plant light. I have 5 complete artificial plant light systems that I designed and built.

I have written extensively about plants, all aspects of houseplant care, indoor gardening and artificial plant lighting. I have written many informational blogs, articles and 'plant care guides' for many websites, forums and some online horticultural communities.

I have knowledge and experience on the care of houseplants, the different kinds of houseplants, pests and diseases common to houseplants, indoor gardening/landscaping and artificial plant lighting.