House Plants/Hibiscus not flowering

Vickki wrote at 2014-05-01 01:56:28
NO!!! Do NOT use fertilizer for blooming plants. These tend to be high in phosphorus which has the opposite effect in hibiscus. Not only that, but it accumulates in the soil and blocks all the other nutrients the hibiscus needs. High potassium and fairly high nitrogen with very little phosphorus is the way to go.

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.