House Plants/majesty palm pruning and care

ss wrote at 2012-12-23 18:29:21
Wow.  I am surprised to read that this is a losing battle.  I have a majesty palm that grows and grows and grows with very little care.  I put it outdoors spring to fall and inside for the winter (NC).  I give it lots of water, fertilize two or three times a year and trim off the fronds when they start to turn brown.  I find the majesty to be very easy to grow and care for.

Will Creed wrote at 2013-01-14 22:34:33
If you live in a climate warm enough that you can keep your Majesty Palm outside for most of the year, the it may do well. My point is that it does not hold up well as an indoor plant.

~Will Creed

House Plants

Will Creed

I am the only expert in this category with professional hands-on experience and knowledge of all indoor plants. I can answer questions regarding light, water, fertilizer, repotting, pruning and humidity and temperature requirements. I can identify plant pests and provide information on safe, effective treatments. My answers are based on 35 years of professional experience and scientific research and are clear and easy to understand. I do NOT use search engines to find answers to your questions. If you read my previous posts here, you will get a good idea as to how thorough and professional my answers are.

I have over 35 years of professional indoor landscaping experience caring for plants in homes, offices, building lobbies, stores, restaurants, and other adverse environments. I have written extensively on the care of indoor plants, including a 260 page book. My specialties include Ficus trees, low light plants, repotting, pest control, and re-blooming holiday plants. Be sure to check my ratings and nominations to learn why I am the top-rated indoor plant expert. I am the only House Plant expert consistently ranked in the AllExperts Top 20.

BA, Amherst College