House Plants/What ind of plant is this

linebarrier wrote at 2012-07-23 16:34:30
I live in North Carolina and I have several of the same plant growing in my backyard.  I've yet to find someone who can identify it.  I thought that it was the result of uneaten wild birdseed germinating, but the plant doesn't match any of the seeds listed on the bag of birdseed.  Do you have a bird feeder in the area?

Seven Feathers Farm wrote at 2012-08-15 15:48:57
Since this was posted a year ago, I'm sure you have identified the plant by now. But just in case you haven't, it is Sicklepod Senna. I found one just like it 2 recently, and it took me 2 weeks to figure out what it was. Take care!

paul wrote at 2014-01-08 02:19:19
This plant is found all through Alabama and Georgia. To locals this is called a "coffee plant" Seeds found in the long bean type pods resemble ground coffee. Sorry but do not know the botanical name.

Jaymie wrote at 2015-03-04 01:17:14
this is Sicklepod a terrible weed, Senna obtusifolia

House Plants

Richard Hern

I can answer many common garden center/greenhouse houseplant questions such as , proper care, propagation of, pest problems, identification, growing mediums, construction, etc. & many more..

I currently manage a private 16 acre estate. i am in charge of the general maintenance of buildings and i supervise the landscape maintenance staff. i teach landscape/horticulture evening classes for a community college in NJ. I taught landscape/horticultural classes for a NJ vocational high school for 5 years. prior to that I owned & operated a landscape/garden center facility for 20 + years. My experience is in commercial & residential sales & care of houseplants as well as landscaping.

BS degree in Zoology (Entomology)
Certified landscape/horticulture teacher NJ