House Plants/anthurium

Question
I have a six month old Anthurium plant .Earliar It was very healthy.Now the leaves are small and curled. It has indirect sunlight and watered regularly.I USE  coated fertilizer.But the pl
ant is not growing So what is the reason for leaf curling?

Answer
Hi Kathrine,

Leaf curling has a couple of possible causes. One cause would be not enough light. When most people say "indirect" light, it usually means not enough light. Your Anthurium should be within a few feet of a bright window that is uncovered throughout the day.

Another cause is overwatering. It is easy to overwater an Anthurium, especially if it is potted in a soil mix and/or has been moved into a larger pot. The potting mix should be very porous and the pot very small. Allow the potting mix to dry one-quarter of the way deep into the pot.

I don't know what you mean by "coated" fertilizer, but it doesn't really matter because fertilizer should only be used for healthy plants that are growing vigorously. So stop fertilizing completely.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and nomination for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed