House Plants/chinese evergreen

Do you know why my chinese evergreen turns brown around the edges of the leaves soon after they mature? Then they turn all brown and fall off. It looks healthy and constantly blooms.

It is probably because it is being kept too wet. It needs to dry out between waterings then the leaves will not turn brown around the edges. Never leave it sit in a drain tray full of water. Then it will become healthier. Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.