House Plants/my croton problem

Question
123
123  
Hi Jonathan
My croton has green leaves  I have had it 2 months. The problem is at this time of the year (Fall/winter) the lower leaves turn yellow, then fall off and never seems to grow back. The upper part of the plant continues to produce new leaves .
It gets the late afternnon/evening sun and I water it at least one per week or more often
Is this normal at this time of year ??

thank you

Answer
Hello Saleh

Crotons need watering every 2-3 days and need a lot of humidity and if they do not get these requirements they will shed their leaves.

They like bright light but not full sun as this will scorch the leaves and dry them out.

At this time of year they may lose a few leaves but only the older ones.

They are difficult to look after as they are fussy but will grow into healthy shrubs with the right treatment.

I hope this helps.

Jonathan.

House Plants

Jonathan Alderson