House Plants/Kalanchoe tomentosa

Question
Hello. I have this plant growing in a pot and it recently sprouted what I hope were offshoots. They are stalks that protrude from the center with long hairs near the bottom that look to me like roots or maybe spikes. I have looked around elsewhere on the web and found out that the Kalanchoe tomentosa is propagated through leaf cuttings. I have never read anyone mention offshoots.

So are these offshoots I can cut and plant? Or is the plant just developing a neck and a goatee? I took close-up pictures that I can email you, should you wish. Thank you.

Answer
Hi TK,

I am not sure what you mean by "offshoots" or just where they are sprouting from. Panda Plants do sometimes branch close to the base and they can also be propagated from stem cuttings as well as leaf cuttings.

I think it would be best if you posted a photo showing your plant here or emailed it to me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com.

~Will Creed

House Plants

Will Creed