House Plants/Palm plant

Hi. I have a plant that was my Mom's. It's a palm (feathers palm) camedorea. It has sprouted what I want to call groups of "branches" green with little tiny nodules on them. They came out of the stalk next to the new feathers.(leaves). What are they? Blooms? What will they end up being? I can't find any information on this plant blooming. Thanks. Linda

Hi Linda,

Those are flowers on your Chamaedorea. I know they don't look like flowers as we usually think of them, but they are the reproductive part of the plant. The little nodules may develop into berries that carry seeds. However, it is unlikely that the seeds on yours will germinate.

The flowers are pretty much what you see, altough they may turn yellow. If you find them unattractive or after they turn brown, cut them off and discard them.

I have written an article on Palm care that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and nomination for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to

or email me at or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)
Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to  

House Plants

Will Creed

I am the only expert in this category with professional hands-on experience and knowledge of all indoor plants. I can answer questions regarding light, water, fertilizer, repotting, pruning and humidity and temperature requirements. I can identify plant pests and provide information on safe, effective treatments. My answers are based on 35 years of professional experience and scientific research and are clear and easy to understand. I do NOT use search engines to find answers to your questions. If you read my previous posts here, you will get a good idea as to how thorough and professional my answers are.

I have over 35 years of professional indoor landscaping experience caring for plants in homes, offices, building lobbies, stores, restaurants, and other adverse environments. I have written extensively on the care of indoor plants, including a 260 page book. My specialties include Ficus trees, low light plants, repotting, pest control, and re-blooming holiday plants. Be sure to check my ratings and nominations to learn why I am the top-rated indoor plant expert. I am the only House Plant expert consistently ranked in the AllExperts Top 20.

BA, Amherst College