House Plants/Cactus Plant????

El wrote at 2013-07-02 13:47:28
Hi, I agree with Wally regarding watering but I'm pretty sure that is a night blooming cereus. I own a few and yes, the blooms are beautiful.They open for one and only one night and die. They have the most intense scent. If you're watching a bud and waiting for it to open it will remind you that it has by filling the entire room with it's fragrance. In the wild, bats and moths will be attracted to the scent, but they are not self pollinating Truly amazing!

Pictures:

https://www.google.com/search?q=night+blooming+cereus+care&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=cdjSUdHYGZSz4AORsYCwAQ&ved=0CD4QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=905

Cheers-El in NYC

House Plants

Richard Hern