House Plants/Cactus Plant????

El wrote at 2013-07-02 13:47:28
Hi, I agree with Wally regarding watering but I'm pretty sure that is a night blooming cereus. I own a few and yes, the blooms are beautiful.They open for one and only one night and die. They have the most intense scent. If you're watching a bud and waiting for it to open it will remind you that it has by filling the entire room with it's fragrance. In the wild, bats and moths will be attracted to the scent, but they are not self pollinating Truly amazing!

Cheers-El in NYC

House Plants

Richard Hern

I can answer many common garden center/greenhouse houseplant questions such as , proper care, propagation of, pest problems, identification, growing mediums, construction, etc. & many more..

I currently manage a private 16 acre estate. i am in charge of the general maintenance of buildings and i supervise the landscape maintenance staff. i teach landscape/horticulture evening classes for a community college in NJ. I taught landscape/horticultural classes for a NJ vocational high school for 5 years. prior to that I owned & operated a landscape/garden center facility for 20 + years. My experience is in commercial & residential sales & care of houseplants as well as landscaping.

BS degree in Zoology (Entomology)
Certified landscape/horticulture teacher NJ