House Plants/Fiscus Tree

Question
I have a beautiful 20 yr old tree, every fall it sheds like crazy.
All I have to do is walk by, and a leaf falls.However, I see new growth coming.
What is going on?
Thanks

Answer
Hi

This is what Ficus do but no one knows why. Every fall, Ficus trees shed their lower leaves but retain the upper leaves and burst into growth in spring.

You can help to calm it by spraying your tree with water every now and then and keep the compost moist. It may need top dressing and feeding to but do not do this until spring.

In spring, try pruning it and put it in a bright location but do this gradually as these trees hate being moved and this also causes leaf drop, so do draughts and central heating.

But your tree appears to be acting perfectly normal.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan.

House Plants

Jonathan Alderson