House Plants/Follow up

Did u get my follow up yet? I dont like bare root plants because the heliconia i ordered,when i planted it it later died of shock. So im severely limited in ordering and in money as i can only budget $250. There is 1 kentia palm 5G and 5 feet tall for $200 and free shipping, so than i could get my 2 chamaedorea tepejilotes. Is that better?

It sounds better to me but they are all tropical plants that go into shock if temperatures are below 40 degrees and right now the temperatures where you live is going to be a low of 2 degrees tonight and a high tomorrow of 35 degrees. Thursday the high is supposed to be 30 degrees. Wait till March or April, it will be much safer. You do want living plants right? Let me know what you decide to do, especially if you decide to become a junior Master Gardener. Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.