House Plants/verschaffeltia splendida, bentinckia nicobarica, calyptrocalyx forbesii,dypsis cabadae

do you think any of these palms i specified in the subject line can tolerate low humidity in result of a drought. i would water them all the time. thanks im thinking about buying them along with pritchardias from hawaii and areca macrocarpa, chamaedorea tepejilote, and chamaedorea seifrizii but have concerns about dryness, and low humidity. all i can do is mist the leaves or spray them with wilt pruf.

These are all unusual Palm species that are not recommended for indoor use for a variety of reasons - low humidity being only one of them. I am curious why you selected these species, where you will source them, and how you intend to use them.

~Will Creed

House Plants

Will Creed

I am the only expert in this category with professional hands-on experience and knowledge of all indoor plants. I can answer questions regarding light, water, fertilizer, repotting, pruning and humidity and temperature requirements. I can identify plant pests and provide information on safe, effective treatments. My answers are based on 35 years of professional experience and scientific research and are clear and easy to understand. I do NOT use search engines to find answers to your questions. If you read my previous posts here, you will get a good idea as to how thorough and professional my answers are.

I have over 35 years of professional indoor landscaping experience caring for plants in homes, offices, building lobbies, stores, restaurants, and other adverse environments. I have written extensively on the care of indoor plants, including a 260 page book. My specialties include Ficus trees, low light plants, repotting, pest control, and re-blooming holiday plants. Be sure to check my ratings and nominations to learn why I am the top-rated indoor plant expert. I am the only House Plant expert consistently ranked in the AllExperts Top 20.

BA, Amherst College