House Plants/Epiphyllum

Louise wrote at 2015-05-01 02:04:17
I just inherited an EPIS, it wasn't cared for and in wrong lighting, the "straps" were green, yellow and some even bronze.

My garden book didn't say much for care so I cut back the parts that were badly off color.  It is now the end of April.

It really needed a bigger pot, so I've done that and plan to fertilize it as discussed in your article.  There were

some woody stems that were cut back from previous owner that have left like big holes in the stems that look really weird

and I don't quite know what to do about these.  I take it this is an old plant because he leaves are really huge in comparison

with the pictures online and in your picture.  Also, I have it in a window with no direct sunlight, but it is a bright window.

Is that the correct lighting?  Also, as far as placement goes in your house, where do you put such a big plant?  I will probably love

it if I can get it to bloom, but meanwhile it's not the most attractive plant I have, big and kind if clunky, any suggestions

with a good way to group it with other plants or somehow make it look a little nicer?  Thank you, your article was very helpful.

Louise

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle