House Plants/science project

Question
hi im in the seventh grade and im doing a science project on the question "does sugar prolong the life of cut flowers?". so i did some research and people say that they only recommend doing this experiment on certain flowers. would you happen to know a few of those certain flowers that i can do this experiment on? thank you.

Answer
Nirvana,

You would need to use typical cut flowers such as carnations, roses and maybe lisianthus. I also recommend you read the articles in this Google search: https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=does+sugar+prolong+the+life+of+cut+flowers+hypothesis&oq=+%22does+sugar+prolong+the+life+of+cut+flowers%3F%22&gs_l=hp.1.1.0l3j0i30.659679.659679.1.674845.1.1.0.0.0.0.402.402.4-1.1.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.P9vlMaTZckc&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41018144,d.cGE&fp=9caf76e0ffa9dabf&biw=1093&bih=470  

I think you will find those particularly helpful. Good luck!!

Darlene

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle