House Plants/Treating Scale on Schefflera

Question
Regarding your advice on treating scale on Schefflera... As the horticultural oil, neem oil, and silicone based spray smother the scale, how does it not affect the respiration of the plant or smother it in any way?
Thank you.

Ti

Answer
Hi Ti,

When properly diluted with water for indoor use, none of those products are viscous enough to clog the respiratory pores on the undersides of the leaves.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and nomination for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed