House Plants/Watering ZeZe plant

I have a ZeZe plant that is a little over two yrs. old.  I have some yellowing leaves now.  What is the proper way to water it starting over.  I was told when I got it about a 1/2 cup to a cup every 2 weeks.  I had one limb start falling down so I increased the water a little. Was this wrong?  The limbs are fine now, but I have yellowing leaves on two of them.  Yellowing around the edge of leaves.  Sorry I'm so inept.  What should I do?I

Yellow leaves on a ZZ plant can indicate too much or too little water. Without knowing what size pot it is in or how large the plant is it is hard to tell you exactly how much water to give it. It must be in a pot with a drain hole and a drain tray and you should give it enough water so most of the soil in the pot is lightly moist. If there is water in the drain tray empty it. You are not inept. This time of year many ZZ plants get a few yellow leaves. Just remove the individual leaves and the plant will eventually replace them. Do not water it until it has been dry for 2 weeks but them water it well and then empty the drain tray. Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.