House Plants/Drooping and Dying Rubber Plant. Please help,

Question
Drooping Rubber Plant
Drooping Rubber Plant  
Hi
I had this Rubber plant inside near window with decent sunlight. Its leaves drooped suddenly. I tried watering more, keeping it outisde in Sun but it has not helped.
Please can someone help. Is it some disease. I do not want the plant to die.
I have lost one rubber plant like that just a month before.

Answer
Hi Nita,

From the photo of your Rubber Plant, it is clearly in a pot that is too large and the potting soil is very dense. Consequently, the roots have been slowly rotting. At this point, I am not optimistic.

I have written detailed articles on repotting and on Rubber Plant care that I will email for free to you (or anyone else) who emails a request to me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com. I have also written an indoor plant care book in a PDF format that I can sell you if you contact me at my email address.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and NOMINATION for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Need more information? Visit my website at:
A link to HorticulturalHelp.com

or email me at wcreed@HorticulturalHelp.com or call me at 917-887-8601 (EST)

Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

Visit my website at: A link to HorticulturalHelp.com  

House Plants

Will Creed