House Plants/House Plants and natural gas furnace

rose wrote at 2013-03-14 14:39:59
Hello- I have the exact same situation going on in my new home.. I have a fern I have had since I was 13 years old that has moved with me my whole lifetime and it is yellowed and not doing well. Other plants to are not thriving as they did. Some of these plants are 10+ years old.

I also have a natural gas furnace and beautiful natural light- 2 sets of patio doors and a vaulted 3 window wall. My previous homes did not.

I have been googling this and cant find anything specific- but many years ago when I was in horticulture college, I vaguely remember natural gas homes were not good for plants esp ferns ??

House Plants

Will Creed

I am the only expert in this category with professional hands-on experience and knowledge of all indoor plants. I can answer questions regarding light, water, fertilizer, repotting, pruning and humidity and temperature requirements. I can identify plant pests and provide information on safe, effective treatments. My answers are based on 35 years of professional experience and scientific research and are clear and easy to understand. I do NOT use search engines to find answers to your questions. If you read my previous posts here, you will get a good idea as to how thorough and professional my answers are.

I have over 35 years of professional indoor landscaping experience caring for plants in homes, offices, building lobbies, stores, restaurants, and other adverse environments. I have written extensively on the care of indoor plants, including a 260 page book. My specialties include Ficus trees, low light plants, repotting, pest control, and re-blooming holiday plants. Be sure to check my ratings and nominations to learn why I am the top-rated indoor plant expert. I am the only House Plant expert consistently ranked in the AllExperts Top 20.

BA, Amherst College