House Plants/sheffleara plant is droping stems and leaves but both are perfectly green

What is wrong and how to i fix this

Your shefflera could be overwatered or underwatered or it could have insects. If you water it more than once a week and leave it sitting with a drain tray full of water you are keeping it too wet. Cut back on the water.  If it is in a pot with no drain hole it is too wet.

If it is not being watered for 2 weeks it is being kept too dry. Water it more often.

Inspect it closely for insects. Flat circles that don't move are scale insects, white fuzzy stuff that looks like bits of cotton balls are mealy bugs and tiny black almost microscopic insects are aphids. If you find insects let me know and I will tell you how to treat them.

I could also be from not getting enough sun. If it is not getting at least 4 hours of actual sun shining on it a day on sunny days that could be the problem. If you have more questions write again. Good luck!

House Plants

Darlene K. Kittle

I have been an Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years and I raise around 300 houseplants and bonsai trees a year including tropicals, succulents, and cacti. I have also been a professional plant care person for businesses in the Fort Wayne, IN area and currently professionally care for bonsai trees for my customers.

I am also studying the Japanese art of bonsai with tropical plants and is President of the Fort Wayne, IN Bonsai Club.

Fort Wayne, iN Master Gardeners. President of the Fort Wayne Bonsai Club. Allen County Master Gardeners

I am not a hortculturist. I am a Purdue University Advanced Master Gardener for 24 years. I have studied plants on a personal level by growing hundreds of plants annually for the last 35 years. I have also studied under several nationally known American Bonsai experts.